Religious Exploration, Enrichment and Education All in One!
Sunday mornings at First Unitarian are full of opportunities for children and adults to come together to share in exploration of our liberal religious heritage, our common values, and our individual journeys toward truth. Ours is a faith that endeavors to light the spark of religious imagination — a sense of awe and wonder and generosity — in everyone.
Every week, children, youth, and adults gather in classroom and sanctuary to “question, explore, observe, and imagine.” Through our Sunday morning Religious Enrichment/Education (RE) programs and our rich landscape of fellowship opportunities, we strive to help our children, youth, and their families inspire love and seek justice.
We have a growing, vibrant Children & Youth RE Program for your family!
Each Sunday we ask the children and youth to do two things:
- Have Fun
- Learn Something
Through story, song, art, movement, discussion, nature, sharing and play, we engage kids with many learning styles and activity levels to have fun and learn something about the seven principles and our living tradition.
For questions on our Children’s RE programs please contact:
Joy Hoeft, Religious Education Council Chair
Adult Religious Enrichment
At First U adult RE is a variety of classes, workshops, retreats, events and gatherings that provide:
- Opportunities to be introduced to new ideas and experiences
- Opportunities for people to tell their own stories
- Opportunities to deepen understanding of Unitarian Universalism
- Encounters with wisdom from the sources of our living Unitarian Universalist tradition—direct experience, words and deeds of prophetic people, the world’s religions, Jewish and Christian tradition, humanist teachings and the guidance of reason, and spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions
- Communities of care, support, and concern
- Engagement with ethical and moral questions
- Calls to faith in action, working within the congregation and in the wider world to build communities or justice and love
- Spiritual experiences which inspire, transform, and sustain
On Sundays our Adult RE activities are held in the Emerson Place or other classrooms. Please check our calendar for the current schedule.
Various other interest groups meet weekly or monthly after Sunday services and at other times during the week.