This has been the site of the Alton Unitarian congregation since 1855, when it arranged to buy the site of the former Catholic church (which had been damaged by fire). The original church building was dedicated on October 14, 1855. In 1905, that edifice was torn down and the current sanctuary was built. In 1969, the Religious Education wing was added on the west side of the property.
Return to First Unitarian Church of Alton - Welcome Page